Saturday, September 13, 2008

ok, i know i've been gone

I know I haven't added to my blog in a long time, but school is getting me. I'm teaching 5 classes, costuming Hedda Gabler, and planning CATS. By the time I get home I'm exhausted. Too exhausted to pick up my laptop. But that doesn't mean I haven't been reading.

Maggie led me to THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY. (an unfortunate title. It makes you think it is going to be one of those little frou-frou, Jimmy Chou, just lost my boyfriend, chick book-club books. But it is not.)

I think I need to go to Guernsey now, but I bet I'm not the only one. There will probably be hordes of people who want to see the place where Amelia, Kit, Eben, Dawsey, and Elizabeth lived.

If you have not read this book, you must. I will have it back to the library this week.

2 comments:

Tenise said...

The title is weird...I was wondering what it was about when I saw it on hold for you at the circulation desk. But, I am sure that it is good reading. The reviews were positive and Maggie suggested it.

maggie moran said...

I am the guru of taste! ;D

I'm dying to go, too! Pete said something about Germany next summer. I'm sure we could just swing by! :)